Parent Code of Conduct
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by being a positive role model.
- I will try my best to make athletics a positive experience for everyone involved, i.e., participants, coaches, officials, and spectators.
- I will insist my child treat other participants, coaches, officials, and fans with respect.
- I will reinforce the school's drug and alcohol free policies and refrain from use of alcohol and other drugs before or during contests.
- I will do my best to understand and appreciate the rules of the contest.
- I will show appreciation for an outstanding play by either team.
- I will be a 'team' fan, not only a 'my child' fan.
- I will help my child learn that success is measured by the development of skills, not just winning or losing.
- If I have a concern, I will talk to the coach at the appropriate time and place, i.e., never before, during, or immediately after a contest or practice.
- I will do my best to remember my ticket to a school athletic event provides me with the privilege of observing the contest, not berating officials, coaches, or players.
- Understand the ultimate purpose of athletics. It exists as an integral part of the total educational mission of the school, and participation in athletics is a privilege and not a right.